• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to serve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Griffin14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I have attempted to have my spouse served at 2 separate locations and both times they have been unsuccessful. What is my next step do I go back before the judge to let him know or do I have to file for a publication?

adjusterjack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I have attempted to have my spouse served at 2 separate locations and both times they have been unsuccessful.
Why was it unsuccessful?

Did you use a professional process server?

What is my next step do I go back before the judge to let him know or do I have to file for a publication?
For service by publication you are likely going to need the consent of the judge after proving that you have exhausted all other possibilities.

Read the process service rules at:

http://www.search-for-servers.com/process-server-tools/process-serving-laws/il.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">