• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized access to AOL email being forwarded to my employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GSS

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? IL

Who I thought was once my best friend, hacked his way into my personal e-mail account and is finding it necessary to share my most personal thoughts and feelings with friends, coworkers and business associates in an attempt to ruin my creditability and reputation. He has bragged to many about his perceived accomplishment, so proving what he did should not be an issue. Like someone reading your diary, I know there is nothing I can do about what this individual chooses to share with others about my personal life but what if anything can I do with what he shares with my employer? He recently sent an e-mail (across state lines and using the U.S. mail system) that he had printed out when he had unauthorized access to my account which contained some not so flattering remarks about my boss (it was a bad day; come on everyone has them now and then). Needless to say, I am in a rather precarious situation with my employer and fearing that more printed e-mails, that he obviously made copies off, will be sent. Is there anything from a legal stand point that I can do; i.e., restraining order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">