• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized credit/debit cards in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I recently discovered over 10 credit and debit card accounts that are in my maiden name. They were all paid monthly until early last fall The statements were all sent to various PO Box’s in my name, which are still in my name, the collection letters go back to January 2021. Here is the weird part none of them show up on my credit. How do I let these different credit card and bank accounts know I did not do this, and how do I go about getting the statements for these accounts? I do know since it is across state lines I can notify ICE3 because I’ve had issues with my Venmo card being charged through Google, and I would need a report number from each account to give them.

quincy

I recently discovered over 10 credit and debit card accounts that are in my maiden name. They were all paid monthly until early last fall The statements were all sent to various PO Box’s in my name, which are still in my name, the collection letters go back to January 2021. Here is the weird part none of them show up on my credit. How do I let these different credit card and bank accounts know I did not do this, and how do I go about getting the statements for these accounts? I do know since it is across state lines I can notify ICE3 because I’ve had issues with my Venmo card being charged through Google, and I would need a report number from each account to give them.
What is the name of your state?

quincy

How did you learn of all these accounts? Who “hid” the envelopes?

How long has it been since you last used your maiden name?

Two hours ago, and not since 2002.
[/
Two hours ago, and not since 2002.
My soon to be ex-husband hid them from me I found them going through some of his papers this evening. There is a stack of 80 envelopes with my name either my maiden name or my maiden name happened with my married name. And no I’m not man bashing because he is the one who filed for divorce I’m ready to get it over with. But I do know he has forged my name and use my credit before for his company.

No it is my first and maiden name my current address the one with the web bank pearl is the only one so far underneath my spouses social with my name.
I did a Google search of an image of the card I have seen that card in his wallet with his name on it. And five years back I opened a capital one card and put him down as a card holder.

quincy

Okay. So you know (or strongly suspect) who opened the accounts. That’s helpful. Is your soon-to-be exhusband named on the accounts? If so, the debts can be addressed in your divorce.

Okay. So you know (or strongly suspect) who opened the accounts. That’s helpful. Is your soon-to-be exhusband named on the accounts? If so, the debts can be addressed in your divorce.
I’m not sure I can’t get any information from the companies I did call. They were all collection companies and would only tell me who the original debit owner was with the account number of the main account. As far as I know his name is not listed anywhere except on the PO boxes.

I’m not sure I can’t get any information from the companies I did call. They were all collection companies and would only tell me who the original debit owner was with the account number of the main account. As far as I know his name is not listed anywhere except on the PO boxes.
I’m having problems actually reaching a live agent at these companies and explaining this in chat to these different companies is exhausting.

quincy

Do you have an attorney yet for your divorce? You probably will want one. Hand over all of the outstanding debts/letters from debt collectors to your attorney.

If the accounts were opened by your husband in your name without your authorization, he could be held responsible for all of the debt.

Do you have an attorney yet for your divorce? You probably will want one. Hand over all of the outstanding debts/letters from debt collectors to your attorney.

If the accounts were opened by your husband in your name without your authorization, he could be held responsible for all of the debt.
Yes I do have a lawyer and I try to get as much evidence ahead of time to take to him. He is a retired divorce judge who is now a divorce lawyer and honestly I’m having to do all the work and for what I have paid this man and his team I’m getting fed up. Because I’m also having an issue with my soon to be ex on cyber stocking and I keep getting told because we’re still married no one can help me legally. I have bought 10 cell phones he will manage to get the IME numbers go to his laptop enter the device information as if he is linking up his own cell phone, records my phone conversations, has linked all of mine email addresses together through IMAP servers. Logged his desktop, laptop and spare cell phone into my Apple ID. Which Apple care help me kick him off of that four times now. he uses my google voice Google hangouts duo and Skype to contact women for cyber sex, has signed me up for over 30 hook up sites, and has made me five new email accounts I discovered then I’ve had to delete.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">