• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized procedure administered by surgeons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

northish

I have bills and correspondence from the clinic where the procedure was done and admission by the doctors office that they performed an unauthorized procedure and admitting to it.

quincy

Was there another vehicle involved in the car accident?

The procedure you received (albeit received in error) was to treat a preexisting condition aggravated by the accident?

PayrollHRGuy

I have bills and correspondence from the clinic where the procedure was done and admission by the doctors office that they performed an unauthorized procedure and admitting to it.
And you should take those with you when you visit a lawyer.

quincy

Correct to both questions?

The reason I ask about the accident is that, if there was another driver involved in the accident and you were not at fault, medical expenses could be covered by the other driver’s insurance. You would have more than workers compensation coverage.

Whatever the case, you should not have to pay for an unnecessary, unauthorized, and potentially harmful medical procedure. You could have a legitimate medical malpractice claim but the best way to determine this is to have the facts personally reviewed by an attorney in your area.

PayrollHRGuy

The reason I ask about the accident is that, if there was another driver involved in the accident and you were not at fault, medical expenses could be covered by the other driver’s insurance. You would have more than workers compensation coverage.
One thing In most states, the WC carrier would have the right to subrogate against the other driver and may well be doing so as we speak. If this is the case with the Washington state L&I program I don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">