• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized purchase by website employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisa#13

Someone with the company made an unauthorized purchase on my account/credit card and sent the purchase to me. I finally got the refund back on my credit card, but the customer service people won't allow me to contact or be contacted by someone in management. I still have the item that was purchased, do I have to return it? How can I get past the people in customer service to make management aware of this illegal purchase. I've already changed the credit card so they can no longer access it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Someone with the company made an unauthorized purchase on my account/credit card and sent the purchase to me. I finally got the refund back on my credit card, but the customer service people won't allow me to contact or be contacted by someone in management. I still have the item that was purchased, do I have to return it? How can I get past the people in customer service to make management aware of this illegal purchase. I've already changed the credit card so they can no longer access it.
Why do you feel the need to do so? It's not their fault that you had a mis-behaving employee...

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Zigner, I think she means that she purchased something from a website, and that company's employee used her credit card to make a purchase. Although, I must admit, it's rather unusual that someone would make an unauthorized purchase then have said purchase sent to the card-holder's address. In fact, it sounds most improbable.

Lisa#13, your post is very confusing -- perhaps you can clear up the questions we have?

Lisa#13

That's exactly what happened. I had made a purchase in February of a pair of shoes that were on sale. For some unknown reason someone in customer service cancelled my order! Then on March 15th someone in customer service placed another order of the same pair of shoes, but at full price, without my knowledge or authorization. I only found out about the unauthorized order when I received the shoes! I have emailed & phoned them numerous times, it took over a month to get the refund back on my credit card. They won't answer my questions regarding how this happened. I've requested 3 times to speak with someone in management to no avail! My credit card company considered this to be a stolen card/account, so I had to have my credit card replaced.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What do you think "someone in management" is going to tell you? Since you have already gotten your refund, what is it that you are looking for them to do?

Those are sincere questions. If I know the answer to your ultimate goals, I may (or may not, depending) have something to offer you.

quincy

That's exactly what happened. I had made a purchase in February of a pair of shoes that were on sale. For some unknown reason someone in customer service cancelled my order! Then on March 15th someone in customer service placed another order of the same pair of shoes, but at full price, without my knowledge or authorization. I only found out about the unauthorized order when I received the shoes! I have emailed & phoned them numerous times, it took over a month to get the refund back on my credit card. They won't answer my questions regarding how this happened. I've requested 3 times to speak with someone in management to no avail! My credit card company considered this to be a stolen card/account, so I had to have my credit card replaced.
If I am understanding you correctly, you ordered shoes and the order was inadvertently cancelled by an employee at the store. The mistaken cancellation was then discovered and the order reinstated, using the same credit card information you provided originally. The shoes were then sent to you.

One problem you discovered is that, when the order was reinstated, you were charged the regular price for the shoes and not the discounted price.

The charge was reversed when you complained, so you are not out any dollars and, in fact, you now are in possession of shoes you did not have to pay for.

Is this correct?

What do you want to do about it? I am not really seeing a problem.

Lisa#13

Well, first I think management should know that someone in their employ is doing illegal things. I have also caught the person who claims to be a supervisor lying to me! That's why I'd like direct contact with management. Secondly, do I have to return the shoes I didn't order?

Just Blue

Well, first I think management should know that someone in their employ is doing illegal things. I have also caught the person who claims to be a supervisor lying to me! That's why I'd like direct contact with management. Secondly, do I have to return the shoes I didn't order?
Yes. You do need to return the shoes.

Lisa#13

If I am understanding you correctly, you ordered shoes and the order was inadvertently cancelled by an employee at the store. The mistaken cancellation was then discovered and the order reinstated, using the same credit card information you provided originally. The shoes were then sent to you.

One problem you discovered is that, when the order was reinstated, you were charged the regular price for the shoes and not the discounted price.

The charge was reversed when you complained, so you are not out any dollars and, in fact, you now are in possession of shoes you did not have to pay for.

Is this correct?

What do you want to do about it? I am not really seeing a problem.
Not quite correct. I had ordered the shoes at a sale price, someone in customer service cancelled my order for an unknown reason. I called and got the order reinstated at the sale price, I received that order . Then received a second pair that someone in customer service ordered without my knowledge or authorization a week later!

Just Blue

Not quite correct. I had ordered the shoes at a sale price, someone in customer service cancelled my order for an unknown reason. I called and got the order reinstated at the sale price, I received that order . Then received a second pair that someone in customer service ordered without my knowledge or authorization a week later!
Return the unwanted pair of shoes.

quincy

Okay. So it sounds like a mistake was made, the mistake was corrected but, in correcting the mistake, the store made another mistake and filled your order twice.

I think you should just return the extra pair of shoes.

Just Blue

Okay. So it sounds like a mistake was made, the mistake was corrected but, in correcting the mistake, the store made another mistake and filled your order twice.

I think you should just return the extra pair of shoes.
*cough*said that twice*cough* P

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">