• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized Use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MMz

What is the name of your state? Ohio

:eek: She did what?

A former client (who is a Domestic Relations attorney and still owes me $10K that I'll never see) has accused me of hacking her network. Now, I readily admit that I set up said computer network, and the security, but I didn't do anything malicious after she demanded the Admin/Root password. There was one attempt at VPN when my cat walked across the keyboard and launched what used to be a legit VPN session, but the user account was disabled. No biggie, right? Shame on me for leaving my desktop computer unsecured so that the spaz kitty could hack the attorney's network. I wasn't even home that night, and I can prove that. No harm, no foul.

Wrong, now I'm charged with a 5th degree felony.

I've been been in this field (IT) for 9 years, trusted with some pretty high profile data, and never been accused of anything like this. I have an attorney, but I'm still flipping out. She's making all sorts of personal allegations which have no bearing on the charges, i.e., discussing my sex life (as told to her by another party, not me) and the one matter (a post-decree car title change) for which she represented me, etc. Does attorney-client privilege go away when the attorney owes the client more than the client owes the attorney?

Until the criminal charges were filed, I was more than happy to just write off the bad debt on my taxes. This takes things to a completely different level and I've had to apply for a second mortgage on my house to pay my legal bills for defense.

Aforementioned attorney has been sanctioned by the bar for passing bad checks and unethical billing practices. She's also now in Bankruptcy. I know I will never see a dime of what she owes me, but in order to satisfy the IRS, I have to prove that I made an attempt to collect. What needs to happen to have her hand slapped by the bar again?

She threatened my livlihood, the gloves are off.

drago

I do not like these words of wit, I do not like them, not one little bit!

I would not could not lie to you. I would not could not Homeguru

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">