• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized Utility Sign Up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dighton

In June I went to a month to month lease at the apartment complex where I live. To my knowledge the only thing that would change in my lease was the monthly rate. From June to November that was true. However in November I received a water/sewer bill. When I asked the leaseing office about it they said that everyone was being charged for water. The bill was $20 for sever and $18 for water. Since I only plan to be there a few more months I paid it. This month I received my bill and it was $68. Again $20 for sewer and $48 for water. After receiving the first bill I have talked to several of the other tenants. The only tenants receiving the bill are those on the month to month lease. My question is how can the leaseing company sign me up for a public utility with out my permission? The leasing office claims they sent me a notice in June informing me of this charge. If that is true why did they not start chargeing until November?

Sincerely,

Confused Tenent

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">