• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthrized charge - by Credit Card Co.!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abused

I received my credit card statement which showed a charge of $119 dollars which was NOT authorized by me.

I called the bank issuing the card to trace the charge but did not get thru.
Then I received a spam mail from the bank and to my surprise it was a service from the bank itself that they were trying to sell to me, which incidently was what I was charged for without my authorization or knowledge.
Can you believe that the Credit Card issuing bank themselves charged my account ?!

Anyway I am extremely frustrated receiving all kinds of junk mail from the bank, including those which say "Immeditiate attention required" only to find its a solicitation to buy insurance from them.

I think they deserve to be taught a lesson and was wondering if I have a case against them. After all banks are governed by strict codes of conduct, and definitely there are rules preventing institutions from abusing clients funds, which have been broken here.

While I decline to name the bank here, I am talking about the biggest bank in the US here, so you can guess.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You know, it's funny. ALL banks say they are the biggest. Saying that is called "puffing", and it's perfectly legal to do. It's absolutely meaningless, saying they have the "biggest buildings" to the biggest depositors, etc., etc. So, the Bank you could be talking about could be City National Bank, Bank of America, Washington Mutual, etc. They are ALL the biggest - - because they "say" so. So, telling us that your bank "is the biggest" doesn't help, and besides, it doesn't matter and we're not into guessing games here at FreeAdvice.Com.

However, we can't help you because you never mentioned your State.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">