• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unbelievable!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

Has anyone else come across a situation like this and figured out a work-around?

Long and short of it....NCP has been in arrears for the last 30 months and has amassed a $10,000 CS debt. Texas OAG's office did little or nothing to enforce court order. Six months ago I hired an attorney to get ex into court and have judge order him to pay support and find him in contempt. Court date occurred 4/15 and ex was found in contempt, at which time OAG's office sent out a Withholding Order to NCP's spanking-new employer. Employer has paid NCP 3 times since then and no CS has been forwarded to OAG's office in nearly 6 weeks.

Upon calling OAG's office to find out how they intend to enforce the Withholding Order, I was told that they could not discuss the case with me now as I had hired a private attorney and by discussing it with me they would be violating attorney/client privilege. I had to scrimp to hire the attorney because they weren't doing their job and now they're making me fork out more money to pay the attorney to call the OAG's office to make them do their job!! What is up with that???? It's my darn case and I'm not revealing anything about my case - I'm trying to get them to follow up and get the support withheld. Sounds like an excuse so they don't have to be accountable anymore.

Does anyone know of any forms that I can get that will enable direct contact with the OAG's office?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">