• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unclaimed property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ACS

Texas

I just discovered through the state that there is $57.09 of unclaimed money from a life insurance policy my grandmother had back in the 1930ish time frame.
It reports that there is additional money due according to the policy terms.

I am in the process of retreiving this money, but in the mean time I can't get an answer about what the statement on the report means "money due according to the policy terms"

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks

HomeGuru

ACS said:
Texas

I just discovered through the state that there is $57.09 of unclaimed money from a life insurance policy my grandmother had back in the 1930ish time frame.
It reports that there is additional money due according to the policy terms.

I am in the process of retreiving this money, but in the mean time I can't get an answer about what the statement on the report means "money due according to the policy terms"

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks

**A: how about the money will be distributed according to the terms of the policy.

Dandy Don

That was a most unusual phrase to be mentioned, but you really have no way of knowing for sure whether it is actually true or if it is a data entry error or posted there by mistake. The state unclaimed property agency can't give you more information about this because they are only holding the money temporarily and were not the original source.

If possible, try to get the state to furnish you with the name (and city/state or street address) of the insurance company that reported the information (if you don't already know). I am speculating that it was possibly a refund of premiums that she had already paid in (if she possibly let the policy lapse if she could no longer afford it), because if the full amount of the policy was due and payable it seems that they would have also turned in the full amount/face value of the policy when they sent in the other $57.09, or maybe there are additional premiums due to be refunded.

After you get the name of the insurance company, then post it here so we can help you find the address or if possibly another insurance company has bought out the original firm and may be presently honoring the policies. The problem is that so much time has passed that it might be difficult for the insurance company to locate exact information, but it is at least worth looking into.

ACS

thank you dandy don for your reply. The insurance co is the American National Insurance Company.

I have found an 800 number for the insurance company, I will try calling them.

and if you can assist me any futher in this matter, I would really appreciate it.

later

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">