• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncle stole life ins from soldiers mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kid420

Ok here is the thing.

My brother named my uncle his primary beneficiary and my dad secondary while he was in the army. He olny did this because he was living with my uncle at the time because his house was closer to his base. My mother is an awesome mom but unfortunately she does not make wise money decisions, this is why she was not any kind of beneficiary at all. Brother just thought that our Uncle would do the right thing and take care of her. My brother was killed in Afghanistan serving in the Army on sept 17th 08. Uncle got the maximum amount of life insurance that the army offers. He showed up for the funeral but after that, nobody has heard of him at all. He took every penny and shagged ass like a chicken ****. My mother is struggling to live in the current economy situation and she is losing. The military tried to find a way to give her some of the money but did not want to start a lawsuit. Is there anything I can do to make him do what my brother asked him to do in the first place?

justalayman

very simply, and regrettably; no

a beneficiary of an insurance policy has no legal obligation to do anything with the money unless they want to.

sorry and sorry to hear of the death that caused this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">