• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uncovered med bills? Need clarification..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Girliegirl

What is the name of your state? Iowa

In our original divorce decree it states that I (cp) will continue to provide health insurance for our 3 children. I get this through my employment because at the time of our divorce I was providing our family policy. It then states that my ex (ncp) and I split equally the uncovered med bills. In Nov 2001, I had the cs re-evaluated and his cs obligation was increased, I did this through CSE. Ex recently brought to my attention that in CSE papers it now states that .... If the amount of uncovered medical expenses exceeds $250 per child(ren) or $500 if more than 2 children per year, ex is responsible to pay 60% and I pay 40%. Does this mean that I am responsible for the first $500 or does it mean that we split equally the first $500 and anything exceeding that amount 60/40. How is that fair than if I provide the insurance and have to pay the first $500? Any clarification would be much appreciated.

haiku

check your state guidelines in some states the CP may be responsible fo ra small amount of money before the NCP comes into the picture but it is usually around 150. the way it reads to me is you split 50/50 up to 500.00 anything AFTER that amount would be 60/40 but I am not a professional.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">