• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Under Surveillance Going on 3 Years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdewhite

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have been under surveillance now going on 3 years. I have not committed a crime, but I am being followed and watched everywhere that I go. This experience is hell and I have no idea why I am still be monitored. I mistakenly thought that this was a case of mistaken identity, but I now know these people are specifically following and watching me. How can I find out if I have been accused of a crime and am just not aware? These are absolutely private investigators as I called the police and provided a license plate number because they were sitting in front of my home. The police called me back and said that it is likely a private investigator. They are constantly taking my picture or monitoring me in grocery stores, the post office, a wake that I attended, etc.

I am getting really concerned that this is still occurring after 2.5 years. I originally discovered that I was under surveillance when I came home one night and a black vehicle with blacked out windows cut me off by parking their vehicle across the street so that I could not get around. Suddenly, their windows rolled down and a black gloved hand came out the window with a black object. I thought it was a firearm but then camera flashes started going off. I have broken no laws, but this has been relentless and I don't know what to do.

I need help.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have been under surveillance now going on 3 years. I have not committed a crime, but I am being followed and watched everywhere that I go. This experience is hell and I have no idea why I am still be monitored. I mistakenly thought that this was a case of mistaken identity, but I now know these people are specifically following and watching me. How can I find out if I have been accused of a crime and am just not aware? These are absolutely private investigators as I called the police and provided a license plate number because they were sitting in front of my home. The police called me back and said that it is likely a private investigator. They are constantly taking my picture or monitoring me in grocery stores, the post office, a wake that I attended, etc.

I am getting really concerned that this is still occurring after 2.5 years. I originally discovered that I was under surveillance when I came home one night and a black vehicle with blacked out windows cut me off by parking their vehicle across the street so that I could not get around. Suddenly, their windows rolled down and a black gloved hand came out the window with a black object. I thought it was a firearm but then camera flashes started going off. I have broken no laws, but this has been relentless and I don't know what to do.

I need help.
Yes, I think you do need help.

Because you don’t know who these people are or why they might be following you, there is little you can do from a legal standpoint.

Have you had a medical examination recently?

sdewhite

I am unsure of how the medical examination question is relevant; however there was a relative with me during the first incident. I really want to know how to find out if I have been accused of a crime so that I can address or clear my name if needed. I need to speak with an attorney to provide additional details that will fill in the gaps, but first I just need to know if an attorney can help me determine if I have been accused of doing something wrong.

quincy

I am unsure of how the medical examination question is relevant; however there was a relative with me during the first incident. I really want to know how to find out if I have been accused of a crime so that I can address or clear my name if needed. I need to speak with an attorney to provide additional details that will fill in the gaps, but first I just need to know if an attorney can help me determine if I have been accused of doing something wrong.
An attorney potentially could help you determine if you are under investigation, as could a private investigator.

If at any time you fear for your safety, you should call the police.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">