• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking second offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

philphcmil

I live in MN, and I am 17. I was arrested for possetion of alcohol on Feb 1. This was in WI. On April 3 I was arrested again for underage drinking. For the first ticket I signed up for classes and had to pay $25. These classes won't start until Apr. 18th. Appearantly this ticket was to be wiped from my record then. However when I went for this ticket there were other minors on second offense who had taken the classes and still were on record for the first offense. They lost their licenses for a year and had to pay a fine. Should I plead with the judge and explain that the classed had not started yet by my second offense? what can I do in any way to still be able to drive and work to make money for college this summer?

S

SandySun

You need to grow up. I too, have been arrested for the same thing when I was 17. This doesn't go off your record until your 18. Also, you'd better shape up. A lot of employers today require criminal background checks. Once your 18, you won't be so lucky to take a class and pay a fine. This will be on your permanent record.

P

pphcmil

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandySun:
You need to grow up. I too, have been arrested for the same thing when I was 17. This doesn't go off your record until your 18. Also, you'd better shape up. A lot of employers today require criminal background checks. Once your 18, you won't be so lucky to take a class and pay a fine. This will be on your permanent record. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy- I thank you for your response. However I feel sorry for you that you feel you can judge a total stranger's maturity by a few words you've read from him. The truth is on both of my offenses I didn't plan on living long enough to be arrested but for better or worse they kept me alive thank you for being closed minded and judgemental though.
P.S. I don't care if you deem me cantankerous.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pphcmil:
Sandy- I thank you for your response. However I feel sorry for you that you feel you can judge a total stranger's maturity by a few words you've read from him. The truth is on both of my offenses I didn't plan on living long enough to be arrested but for better or worse they kept me alive thank you for being closed minded and judgemental though.
P.S. I don't care if you deem me cantankerous.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Then I'll join in, and agree with Sandy. Why you little, selfish, thankless, spoiled brat. Oh, wo is me. No one cares, you two-time loser!! You don't even learn, and you never will. Why should we be "understanding" of your stupid sensitivities, anyway? What have you done for society lately, except drink and drive? You could have killed someone on the road, you dumb .... ! No one cares if you wanted to, or still want to, take your own life. Just don't take anyone else out with you when you decide. I hope the judge, and should, throws ALL the books at you, one at a time.

So there.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited April 09, 2000).]

C

Concern

My concern is that God sees your true heart - it is true that both replies that you received were about growing up and what have you done for society - this are the hard truth of life - on the other hand why are you doing these things drinking and trying to kill yourself? The world may no longer care for you nor your soul but God does don't condem yourself to hell - because in God there is hope! not in the world though and it is true don't drink and drive or drink and kill someone along with you - in fact the sad part of drunk drivers is they usually survive the accident and the others end up six feet under with a lot of pain and grief - sometimes i think this is even more worse punishment for the drunk driver who survived to remember that out of their own selfishness they have cut short someone else's life - so if you would open your heart and listen to this message it is not about condeming you but about giving you a chance to change your life read your bible in the book of Romans where God tells you that for every one who crys out to him and accepts him into his heart he shall make you a new person and wash away your sins - in John 3:16 for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son Jesus to save you and me for eternity! Jesus has shed his blood for everything wrong you and I have done on this world and he is the only way to save you for the future -- I don't know where you live but you can accept Christ anytime anywhere - go to a church called "the Door Christian Fellowship" - they are no ordinary church - they teach you the truth there and I am telling God will meet you and you can have a changed life!

R

Robed warrior

... It is unfortunate what has happened. I have read what the others have written and i too feel that you should take more responsibility. You can not just plead to the judge. This is not a matter of "can i or can i not get out of it!" You were charged. You did it again. You are stupid.
Thats all there is to it.

:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">