• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado
Ok, as all law; this is complicated, so here goes...
We live in a small town. Three officers (brothers) all large and who all sorta act like bullies. They have been to the house on several occasions for dad's domestic abuse.
Last week, the son said something that insulted the uncle (about his bad teeth) and you would think end of the world. So, Dad calls him on the phone screaming that he gets his *** home!!!!!
He was in a friends vehicle and they had to drop another friend at home first, so he didn't get home fast enough, I guess. When he arrived, I did not notice any alcohol smell or drunken behavior.
But they start to argue about this "disrepect". So Dad and uncle gang up on teen. They chase him and gang up and he is bleeding from his mouth, black eye, large brusing, etc.
Because I was in fear, I dialed 911. Bad idea!
They photograph the injuries, put the teen in their car and threaten to tazzer the dad. The uncle who started it all hid like a coward.
Now...point: So two adult males (especially a parent) can attach a child without anything? They gave the son a underage drinking ticket? I think the dad spilled on him when he charged and the cops smelled that. He didn't have a breath test.
We are very focused right now on getting out of this abusive place, but the ticket and probation and all the money will not help us do this. So I would like to ask that this nonsense be dismissed. I believe the cops should get a ticket for poor policing.
Would appreciate if any of you good people could give me a little guidance on what to say in the DA's room when we go to the court to request this. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">