• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possesion of Alchohal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm 18 and I was wondering if it would be wise to get a lawyer for my case or just go in there and take what i get. Anyway, Myself a 15 year old friend, and a 16 yearold friend were on private property at a lake at 1 am with say 16 beers and a bottle of Rum that the 16 year old had brought. They snuck up on us and caught us all with beer cans in our hands. They handcuffed us all took the unopened beers and the rum and put us in the back of the police car and wrote us all citations for 4.1-305: Illegal possession of alcohol (under 21). They did not cite us for trespassing or me for contributing to minors bla bla. I live in Fairfax county Virginia and was cited by Fairfax County Police.

Is there any reason to get a lawyer?


Senior Member
You admit to violating the law. Your citation is a civil violation (same as a traffic ticket) and you will be slapped with a fine. If you really think an attorney will help, go ahead and give one your money. My advice is to save your money to pay the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential