• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession And Consumption Of Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Georgia
My 20 yr old son was at a party in an apartment belonging to a friend. They had turned off the stereo at 12 so they would not get in trouble. He was planning on spending the night there so he drank 2 beers within a 4 hour span. There was a fight outside the apartment but by the time the police got there they were gone. One of the guys at the party was outside smoking and saw the police and came inside the apartment. The police came to see if he was the one fighting. Knocked on the door and three of the boys came out of the apartment and tried to talk to the officer. None of them lived there so he knock on the door and the went inside without consent to find the guy who rented the apartment. There were no beer cans visible the officer looked in the refrigerator. All the one that were under 21 were ask to take a breath test . The ones that were 21 told the officer that the beer in the refrigerator was theirs. He made my son blow it 3 times the first 2 were .0000 but the 3rd time was .0001 (he thinks the cop would not let him see) He then arrested 10 of the kids and took them to jail. They were charged with consumption and possesssion of alcohol , but they were not read their rights and my son requested a blood test but was denied. The officer was using f..k every other word, he told two of the boys that he had a guy he was training and he needed to learn to do paperwork that was the reason he took them in. Should I be getting a lawyer or what should I be doing?
Last edited:


Senior Member
Giving the answer you want will be difficult using the second hand info you have given. To clear a few misconception you have, the police DO NOT have to read you your rights when you are arrested, only prior to questioning. Only on TV (for dramatic effect) does that ever happen. And blood tests are only given in cases of DUI, not for simple possession. Yes, you should obtain a lawyer for your son. He is over 18, make him get one himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential