• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undercover police or narcs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unknown

My question that comes to mind,, if a person who you suspect to be a undercover police man or woman or a narc signs a contract stating that he or she is NOT is that a legal contract. If they were to turn out to be one would that stand up in a court of law as a agreement or binding contract??

I

interestink

Interesting question.

I have heard if you straight up ask 'em. They are obligated to answer honestly. However, I have also had that idea discounted.So I can't help ya there.

It's the aspect of "In writing", that makes your question interesting. I would be curious to hear an answer from someone reading since I AM OBVIOUSLY NOT A LAWYER, nor am I in LAW ENFORCEMENT....AND YOU'VE GOT THAT IN WRITTING!! :D

T

Tracey

It's not a legally binding contract because there's no mutual consideration (A & B each give each other something). Lacking consideration, the possible narc's "contract" is nothing more than a written statement that s/he is not a narc. It has no more weight than a similar oral statment.

Since police are allowed to use deception in their investigations, I can think of no reason they may not lie about being narcs. That is, after all, the whole idea behind undercover work. :)

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">