• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underpayment of Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Hi, I'm from California and have been divorced since mid 1998. After petitioning for a move away my ex's income records were subpoena'd and I found out that he has been deceitful about his income and falsified our original decree (We were separated for 6 mos. before) to the tune of about 30 or so thousand. We may not get a move away order and I'd like to know how difficult it is to get underpayment of support. My current lawyer says it's too hard. That's a lot of money my kids didn't get!!


Senior Member
if he lied on the original court papers then he falsified documents.

personal opinion - i would push for it and request that the new amount become retroactive. show the judge that he was being deceitful and basically thought he was pulling one over on everybody. i would also push for him to be responsible for any legal fees that you get because of it. (if not all, part of them) since he was the one that lied and caused the situation. if you can get it in front of the judge that he pulled the quick one on, he may give it to you just to prove a point.

of course, you are in CA and that has got to be the weirdest CS system that i have read about. everything goes through the PAs office and they have long waiting lists.

i guess it would all depend on how much you want to get it for your kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential