• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployed, accepted part time low pay for now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheerful

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NYS

Lost a well paying job, found a job that doenst require my qualifications, for once a week, wage is 10% or less of previous full time job. continue to collect 3 days UI out of 4 due to PT Job.

1. If I quit low paying part time, will I be eligible for 3 or 4 days UI? Do I lose entire eligibility if quit a job that pays 10% of previous job?
2. is employer liable to contribute to DOL for my case, since earned by him $2500 or more?
3. didnt exhaust 99 weeks after lost full time, accepted PT later on. if anything goes wrong for employer (lack of work), shouldnt case go back to main job which still has time left from 99 weeks? how does DOL handle 1st yr anniversary expited and continuity of benefits for old case? should it be original case or once first anniversary would create new case sicne new emplyer low paying?
any links to explain law for stated case? who at DOL can answer such questions? where can I read answers for the above?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">