• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? north carolina I have a case about my rears. My first appereance was six days before Christmas. $800 was the amount my payment is 505 a month.i was continued by the socialworker to january 22 to have time to pay towards the rears but i was laid off due to business slow down. i have applied for unemployment and notified social worker to change the automated payments from previous job to my unemployment check. can i get another continue from the jundge atleast to march to allow me to use whatever left from unemployment checks to pay for the rears. i am going back to college to get certified to help with job hunts and i am still getting education savings bonds for my two daughters education and whatever medicaid does not pay for their insurance i will pay out of my pocket.


Senior Member
Are you just short cutting words or don't you really know that the words is Arrears ?

How many rears do you have and lots a people would like to change their rears :D

Ok if it's an automated thing , and you notified the worker in writing and sent it Certified ,receipt requested , it should be changed.

I'd call the worker and verify the amount has been changed and adjusted. If not or is not going to be by the worker,take it back to court Now .


Senior Member
You are going to want to make weekly contact with the worker. Prove to the worker you are applying for jobs by writing down every application you fill out, when you applied, who you talked to, etc. If you are going to online job banks, print out anything you have proving you are applying.

If they see you are whole-heartedly trying to get work, you may have a chance. If they thing you're yanking their chain, they won't help you.

Also, unless you get something in writing from the court stating your court date has been continued, make sure you go to court on Jan 22 so you don't default on your court appearance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential