• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Benefit Reduced if I accept Two Week Work Assignment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

batmanqweasd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

ISSUE

I would like to know whether my UI benefit would be affected if I accept a two week assignment making $1.5K.

FACTS

1) On November 12th, 2012 I have been unemployed.

2) I was earning approximately $50K in the 2010 to 2012 tax year.

LAW

The attachment provides a guide on UI:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de1275a.pdf

ANALYSIS

Page 9, Item 6 of the attachment states my highest earning ($4K) can be in the quarter of January, April or July of 2012. Thus total weekly benefits would be $450 for 52 weeks. HOwever, Page 11, Item 9 states "nder California law and federal law, wages that have already been used to determine the amount of UI benefi ts payable on a claim cannot be used again in the future to fi le another UI claim." Therefore, my weekly benefits would be reduced to $60 a week.

QUESTION

Please affirm whether my weekly benefits would be reduced to $60 a week per Page 11, Item 9

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">