• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Benefits? Live in NJ; Worked in NYC for 8 mths; In CT for 13 mths prior

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackrabb1t

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Dear friends,

I have been laid off and am living in NJ and working in NYC for the past 8 months. Prior to that, I have lived and worked in CT for 13 months.

The NJ unemployment site states that I should be working in NJ for 18 months. Now am I eligible for unemployment benefits?

Thanks in advance!

jackrabb1t

Haven't filed the claim as of date

Hi cbg,

thanks for reading and responding!

I lost my job on Friday (day before yesterday) and on Saturday I tried to file online. I was unable to do so since I was unable to answer "Yes" to the question "Did all of the work you did over the last 18 months done in the state of NJ"

I will have to call them tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, just wanted to know if there are folks in similar circumstances as myself and wanted to learn from their experiences.

Thanks!!

pattytx

I do know that some states do not allow interstate claims to be opened online; MD did not, PA did. So, there ya go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">