• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ealvarado

I reside in Florida. I was fired from my employment and given the reason of work performance. The week prior to being "let go" I was out sick for 3 days. On the first day my husband called into work for me and said that I was sick, not coming in, and I was going to the doctor. My physician faxed my no work note to my employer on the second day. I considered my employer notified of my absence and did not personally call in. I returned to work and was fired. Problem: I was denied unemployment benefits for misconduct. I have appealed the decision. Please advise.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Advise about what? The only advice we could give you would be to appeal, and you've already done that. It's up to the state now, and the FA crystal ball is out being recalibrated so we have no way of determining what they will decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">