• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

losinghomesoon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am unemployed and receiving unemployment benefits, It is only enough to pay for food and utilities each month. I do not pay rent or mortgage as my house is in foreclosure status. I will have to move soon and I do not know what to do as I have no money for relocation. Am I able to collect welfare benefits in addition to my unemployment benefits?

commentator

commentator

Yep, quick like ze bunny rabbit, get your butt to the California Dept of Social svsc office and apply for food stamps, Cal-care, any other possible benefits you may qualify for. Then from now on, you will know where you stand, as far as the bill paying, food buying, health care situations go. Unemployment insurance does provide some cash money to pay expenses, but it is finite, which means it will end. If your bills are payments on credit cards, things you have purchased, etc. you very probably won't qualify right now. But if you are below the poverty level, with their having figured all your expenses versus your intake and income, you will be entitled to something, at least food stamps if nothing else. It doesn't cost anything to apply, they will verify everything you tell them, every bill you show them, and if they determine you qualify for assistance, get it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">