• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment denied and not paid for my last commision check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyavenger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

My employer appealed my unemployment, they moved 97 miles away from where I live and where it was located and wanted me to move. I did not want to move and never said that I would. It was a Thursday when they moved, on Friday I had an interview with another company. They are denying me unemployment saying that it was a voluntary quit. This Thursday we have a teleconference on the appeal. Was I in the wrong in anyway, because I never said I was going to move? Also, they paid me my vacation and last work check but they never paid me for my last commision check, in which, I earned, can they do that?

pattytx

So, DID you quit or refuse the transfer? What exactly transpired to result in your filing for UI benefits?

Just my opinion, you understand, but there's probably at least a better than even chance that you will prevail against the protest. 97 miles is a major "change in working conditions" beyond your control.

Whether or not commissions are due and, if so, at the same time as final pay, is a function of state law and the commission plan/agreement as to what constitutes "earned". Outside sales or inside sales?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">