• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment extension blocked by massechusetts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcknhrse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in Virginia but I had a claim in Massachusetts.
The original claim was filed in June 2008.
Since that time I worked a total of 30 days.
23 days in maryland,7 days in WASHINGTON D.C.
When I reopened my claim in DECEMBER I was told I would get the extension and it would be good till june 2009.
When the original claim ran out of funds I called Massachusetts to apply for the extension
Massachusetts told me I had to prove I was not eligible in any other state.
Virginia told me to file in Maryland.
Maryland told me I was not eligible.
I contacted Massachusetts again.
The first agent told me I needed something in writing from Maryland to prove I was not eligible.
I called Maryland and they told me to tell the agent in Massachusetts to look on his WIC SCREEN.
When I called back to Massachusetts I talked to a different agent and he processed my claim.
On Monday the agent I spoke to originally called me at home and told me Massachusetts was going to block any further claims.
I then called virginia.
They told me I could file in Virginia ,but it would be denied.
But I might be accepted if I then reapplied.
My argument is if I don't have a clear cut chance of filing in Virginia ,how can Massachusetts deny my claim for the extension.
Massachusetts did send me 3 weeks of unemployment compensation but is going to block any further claims.

pattytx

Write a letter of appeal with all the relevant dates you worked and in what state and ask for a ruling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">