• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Insurance Denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Olfuxx

Kansas
I'm a courier for a KC delivery service. Employed for 5+ years. The transmission is gone in my van which is my only vehicle and I don't have the money to fix it. I'm having trouble with KS unemployment because I wasn't fired nor did I quit. They also mentioned I needed a vehicle to qualify as ready to work. Here's the kicker. For the past 2.5 years my wife has been employed as a personal care attendant for disabled folks in their homes. She has been mostly bedridden for the past 6 months due to complications from "shingles". she is having the same problem and is currently under appeal with KSUI.
We tried social services for some temporary help but only qualify for food stamps if approved. Our utilities are maxed and are scheduled for shut-off. My wife (57) and I (62) have never applied for unemployment until now. I would sure appreciate some direction. Thanks for your valuable time, Dan

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If a person is unable to work for medical reasons, then they do not qualify for UI.

If you cannot work because your van is broken and the van is (and always has been) required for work, then get your van fixed. If you do not get it fixed, then you likely will not qualify for UI.

Commentator will be along to elaborate

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">