• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment is investigating me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chillypuppy

What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

I worked for a company 24 yrs. that just closed its doors because of the economy. This was about a month ago. I also had a part time waitress job that I quit two months ago, because of personal reasons. Now Im being investigated, and not recieving benefits, because I quit the waitress job. Why is this being done, and how can I expect to come out?
I have never in the 24 years recieved any type of benefits from unemployment, so you can see why this is depressing. I need the Money Now.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Why did you quit the waitress job? It makes a difference to how I answer you.

chillypuppy

Why I quit part time job

working full time already, i worked part time job every weekend, and it was causing problems for me at home. i have a teen age son, and also marital problems because i was never home. but what about getting benefits from my full time job? worked almost 24 years, and never drawed anything, why is it a problem for me now?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Because quitting a job almost always disqualifies you from collecting unemployment benefits. It's got nothing whatever to do with whether you've had a claim before - it has to do with why you're unemployed now.

At the time you quit the part time job, did you know there was a chance the full time job could end soon?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">