• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lucky4822

What is the name of your state? indiana
I didnt know where to ask this but...my sister recently quit her job...and is seeking unemployment, she was denied, and so she file what ever it is to go to court....does anyone know how long it takes before a court date is set? will it be right away or a long time...any info on this would be great...

lucky4822

indiana
thanks for your reply...sorry i know you dont actually go to court...ive attended some only as a supervisor for a company...but never had to do one myself.
she received a letter saying it will be 8-10 weeks before her hearing would be and she is i guess questioning that, like it took 8 weeks to hear something then another 8-10 weeks to appeal it...either way she is screwed no money and cant find a job. she thinks it shouldnt take that long for the hearing, and that they have something against her personally, like it wasnt handled correctly. humm
thanks though for replying....ill let her know...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The UI office has nothing against her personally. They don't even know her personally. As each appeal comes in it is put on the calendar in the next available spot. It so happened that when her appeal came in the next available spot was 8-10 weeks away. She is not the only one appealing her decision - they can't hear each and every case in a matter of days.

If she quit her job the odds are very much against her prevailing in an appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">