• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happy1240

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI. Im not sure if this is the correct place to put this but if it isnt I apologize in advance.

I was working for a company for 23 yrs. They outsourced us. The company coming in is offering $10 hr and the company I was working for is dishing in $5 to make the pay for us to be $15. "They say" they have a contract between the two of them. If I work for the new company and down the road I find that this isnt the case where they stop paying the promised $15 and go down to $10 can I still collect from the job I worked for 23 yrs? What is the time period where I can lose my unemployment if I go to a new company and I dont like it?

Thank you so much. This is a great site with great people helping!

Cheryl:)

ecmst12

If you refuse offered work or quit a job just because you don't like it, you will lose your unemployment benefits.

happy1240

Thank you for your response. Its not that I dont like it cause is doing the same job I was doing. Im asking if they are not living up to their agreement of pay can I go back to applying for unemployment from my previous employer?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
At any time you apply for unemployment, the benefit, if granted, will be based on the base period for the date of the claim. In most if not all states, that's going to be not the most recent quarter, but the four before that.

So if you filed a claim today, your base period would be calendar year 2008. If you filed it on July 1, since another quarter would have ended, it would be April 1, 2008, through March 31. And so on.

So 15 months after your last day with your previous employer, those wages will not count at all, and for every three months that goes by, less of it will count.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">