• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical Contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ricky

After our driveway was poured at our new home about one year ago, we noticed a manhole "in" the driveway. I was told that this was for rain run off, but I didn't know it was going to be there "in the driveway" when I purchased the lot. I was not thrilled by this but I let it slide. Now, I get home yesterday and there is an excavating crew in my driveway digging a second hole because the builder of our subdivision covered up all the sewer access manholes. No one ever called to tell us that they would be digging this second hole- my garage in inaccessible (now that cold and snow is here) and we will now have two holes in our driveway that we never knew about when we purchased the lot. This would have made a difference in our choice of where to build our home. What can/should I do?

HomeGuru

When you bought the property, there should have been a survey map and title report referencing the easement and easement area. Your real estate agent or attorney should have reviewed this with you, if you used one or the other.

Now you need to hire an attorney to review these documents. The land value is worth less if there is a drainage system under your driveway.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 11-22-2000 at 05:57 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">