• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical realtor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eggs

What is the name of your state? Texas

A realtor for a major company sold us a house where she was both the owner of the property and the selling agent. Long story short, before closing the deal, contractors she hired discovered termite damage which she did not disclose to us. Her contractors dry walled over the damage. We started to discover the damage the day after closing and once we confronted her, she bought the house back from us. However, as part of her buying back the house, we had to sign a waiver releasing her and the contractors from any responsibility. We felt at the time that we had to sign the waiver because we needed the money tied up in the house to buy a new house. But now what kills me is this realtor is still selling real estate. Is there anything I can do to her without violating my waiver?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

eggs said:

A realtor for a major company sold us a house where she was both the owner of the property and the selling agent. Long story short, before closing the deal, contractors she hired discovered termite damage which she did not disclose to us. Her contractors dry walled over the damage. We started to discover the damage the day after closing and once we confronted her, she bought the house back from us. However, as part of her buying back the house, we had to sign a waiver releasing her and the contractors from any responsibility. We felt at the time that we had to sign the waiver because we needed the money tied up in the house to buy a new house. But now what kills me is this realtor is still selling real estate. Is there anything I can do to her without violating my waiver?

My response:

Yes. You can take her off of your Christmas card list.

IAAL

HomeGuru

eggs said:

But now what kills me is this realtor is still selling real estate. Is there anything I can do to her without violating my waiver?

**A: you could kill her. I am sure that the waiver did not mention that.

H

hexeliebe

stop by late at night just for a visit. When she's not looking, "LOUISVILLE SLUGGER" her ass, take down the drywall, put her in with the termites, then call the drywall people back and tell them the owner wants it done right this time.

You will be remembered in termite history books as the "Great Provider" :D

E

eggs

I posted a stressful situation here hoping for some advice I could use. Sorry to have wasted your time. I know I wasted mine.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

eggs said:
I posted a stressful situation here hoping for some advice I could use. Sorry to have wasted your time. I know I wasted mine.

My response:

Yes, you should be sorry. Sorry that you FAILED to state what the "waiver" had said. And no, we're not going to ask you - - it was YOUR job to have quoted from the waiver to tie into your own question. We are not soothsayers or mindreaders. We are not "question askers" - - we are "question answerers".

In short, if you have a legal question, it's YOUR responsibility to give those necessary TOOLS to those who don't know your situation. We don't play guessing games, and we don't play "20 Questions" with writers to this forum if we can avoid it.

So, when you see your attorney, don't keep things a secret as you've done here.

Good luck.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

and don't get all poached out of shape. Thing will go over easy once the sun comes up :D

H

hexeliebe

And at all times I'm hard boiled. But then, that was in my foo YOUNG days :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">