• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Billing for my Washer Warranty from Sears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PrincessNahren

:( Michigan, Hello, we purchased a washer warranty for 6 years last year, but today we recieved a letter saying it's expiring next month, Sears is trying to cheat us with unfair billing, can you please tell us if we have any rights regarding this matter, I'm almost positive they have to reward is in some way for their mistakes, because if we didn't have the receipt, we would have to pay the warranty coverage price again but fortunately we did but we feel like we're being mistreated , thank you for your time :confused:

ALawyer

It may be that Sears itself sells washers with a 1 year warranty and they are telling you the year is up and, at the same time, trying to sell you an extension of the warranty.

If Sears' database that contains the year is up information does NOT also refelect the fact that you already bought the extended warranty, it is understandable. Either that or it is a pattern of consumer fraud.

Contact your state's atorney general if you feel that this is something s/he should stop.

I agree with the above reply but remember and "believe it or don't" the extended warrenty is their bread and butter so to speak. the amount of money that companies make on these is quite a lot..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">