• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fi-ona

I won a case of unfair dismissal against the health board. However, the adjudicator awarded me reinstatement despite my asking for compensation. Now the health board tells me I have to start work on Monday somewhere in the Midlands 150km away (they did not specify where yet). I am contesting this form of redress to the Labour Court as I feel I am being forcibly reinstated when I asked for compensation. I do agree however that I was unfairly dismissed.

1. Am I legally obliged to show up on Monday?

I have submitted a claim to the Labour court stating that I want compensation and not reinstatement for my already adjudicated unfair dismissal based on the fact that I cannot return to an openly hostile environment in which I have already been bullied and unfairly dismissed.

2. Can it be argued that the case is in essence still ongoing and that the form of redress is still pending. So therefore the Monday start date would have to be postponed?

Any help you may have would be beneficial. I'm trying to get an appointment with a lawyer but the closest I got was that one might be free on Friday. If for some reason they are not, I will not have a clue how to approach the situation.
Thanking you in advance

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
UK and US employment law is very different (in the US there is no such thing as "unfair dismissal"). You'll need to find a UK forum, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">