• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Evaluation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Livid

I have been with a company for 8 years in which I have recieved Outstanding on my evaluations every year. My record is stellar and I have no conflicts with anyone. I recently got a new manager who,even though I was on disability for 6months, said that I was not meeting expectations. He has had no contact with me to mention any of his complaints before the evaluation. In all the examples this was the first I had heard of them. Several of his complaints were hearsay, and he cannot validate from his own experience. He has basically has taken a wide interpretation of our company guidelines to construct his own personal attack of me. I plan to go to Human Resources regarding the evaluation. In addition I have the whole evaluation conversation on tape. Other employees recieved similar evaluations attacking them as well, out of the blue. What can we do, other than appeal to our own HR?? He is trying to ruin our reputation and careers. Also each of us he has attacked is female, with children.

M

me too

I'm very intested in what the pros have to say as I'm in the same boat. For me I think they are trying to make me quit rather than giving me a raise.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't know what state you are living in, so I base my advice on California law, which is where I practice. First let me say that you should be very, very careful with your taped evaluation. You may or may not be in violation of state law by making that tape recording if it was made without the knowledge and consent of the other party. Second, in general there is no requirement that a manager use only personal information to evaluate an employee. However, what makes your case interesting is that all the other employees who were negatively evaluated were females with children. Assuming this contention is true, then it appears that the employer is discriminating against women. For your best advice I would urge you to consult with a labor lawyer near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">