• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Unfair" Salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tatata

What is the name of your state? DC

When I started my new job I had to take a paycut, since the HR agent who was hiring me said that they will not be able to pay me more that other employees on this job. I had to take since it was an intereting job. After 6 month being employed I found out that the coworker with the same title and job resonsibilities and who was also recently hired ( so there are no seniority) makes about 7 thousand more. The only difference is a gender --he is male.

Do I have a legal rights to raise this issue, since the HR person mislead me during the hiring process?

Thank you!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not on that basis.

If he is being paid more BECAUSE he is male, that's illegal. But if he is being paid more because he has more experience (not necessarily with your current employer) or more education, or just is a better negotiator, that's not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">