• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair wages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tammy

I work in the healthcare industry where I am employed as a therapist. Last week our administrator volunteered us (4) therapists for 20% pay cuts affective in one week. We have signed nothing agreeing to this. On hire, we each signed papers agreeing to work for 20% more than we're getting now? Have we no recorse? Tammy

F

Former HR Guy

I'd have to see the papers you signed. If you have a binding employment contract and it is still in effect, they can't change the terms, here pay. But if there is no contract, they can do what they want -- including fire you or reduce the pay -- so long as they do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, creed, sex, ntional origin, age, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">