• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unhappy with a salon service- had to pay to fix elsewhere

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lauriejean

I recently went to a national chain salon in Texas to have a service prefomed on my hair. I showed a picture and stylist claimed that she understood. Needless to say that the service was completely unacceptable by any standards.
Mortified I explained that it looked horrible. The stylist firtst offered to fix it herself, which I declined. Next the stylist blamed the outcome on me.
I demanded to see the salon manager.Both the stylist and receptionist rudely explained that the manager was unavailable-I told her that I was not paying her for the service, but wished to negotiate the details with the manager. At this time the stylist started to raise her voice and called security on me- telling me to leave and not come back.
I left and contacted the same salon in a different location who offered a phone consult with one of their stylist. The stylist never called.
Frusterated, I phoned a complaint to the corporate office. The person there seemed understanding and said that they would call me the following day with some type of offer of restitution. They did not call the next day.
So, completely frazzled, and after leaving several messages with the national office, I felt that I had no choice but to go to another salon to have my hair fixed. The cost to fix( still not back to normal) my hair came out of my pocket and I'm wondering what course of action I should take next.
Any suggestions?

[Edited by Lauriejean on 11-23-2000 at 06:47 PM]

HomeGuru

Send a letter to the corporate office with the details and a copy of the receipt and demand reimbursement for the "remedial" work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">