• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Union

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Paisan71

I went through an apprenticeship with a lineman union which was 7000 hours of on the job training as well as 3 years of book training....I recorded 6294 hours and completed all but one last test in the book training....I reapplied after about 10 years and with the same local union and was denied any previous hours of work and also no credit for the book training and tests...I think that I have the right to credit

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I went through an apprenticeship with a lineman union which was 7000 hours of on the job training as well as 3 years of book training....I recorded 6294 hours and completed all but one last test in the book training....I reapplied after about 10 years and with the same local union and was denied any previous hours of work and also no credit for the book training and tests...I think that I have the right to credit
Per the OP's other (incomplete) thread, state is CT.

Zigner

Thank you for sharing. Did you have a question? Assuming your question is whether or not you have some sort of "right" to receive credit for your previous hours, please consult with the union rules.

Zigner

You should speak to a local attorney who can review all of the relevant details.

Just out of interest, as you were so close to completing your apprenticeship why did you stop?

quincy

Well they are the members who sit 9n the committee that has denied me...this is why I am asking for your professional opinion
What were the terms of the apprenticeship? What was the reason given for the denial?

A lot can change in ten years, making what was learned previously no longer relevant.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My union allows credit for time already put in, too - but only if you left less than two years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">