• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unions and pensions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deere run

undefined :confused: What is the name of your state?Iowa......Problem...Union worker got layed-off after 34 years of service. Developed liver problems (terminal) and has gotten the run around with the union about insurance and pension. 1. Kept in contact with the union and they always said they would call back never would. The insurance (first) I contacted them about the coverage they said they would send information about the cobra plan - it was sent 1 day before the initial insurance was to expire. Pension - changed dates of effectiveness. They changed it two months later then what was initiallly said. They are giving us a runaround (I feel) so they can get out paying the retro. The employee worked in Nebraska and definitely needs to keep insurance for what is happening. The pension is needed to survive on. I have documentation on this information. Is this all I need and is there a specific person I need to talk with to resolve these issues?

deere run

No Answers????

No one has a clue what to do about this??? I thought you all were here to offer advice. Guess I posted on the 'Dummies that Give Advice' forum.

justalayman

If you want some totally inaccurate advice about this I can give you some advice. This is a voluntary forum and if the folks that have seen your post have no relevant advice, you generally don't get any.

Now seeing that you just posted this morning (9:59 a.m. est) it has only been a few hours. There are many folks on the west end of the country that may or may not even be up yet.

The point is, people are free to post when they want or can. If you can't wait, go pay for your answers and that will give you a right to gripe about the info you do or do not recieve. :eek:

True sometimes i dont get a reply when i would like to, but people have different time zones and such.. there are some nice people on here and then there are some smart as* too.. if all they can do is make a smart A** remark I would rather for them to keep their opinions to themselves if that is all they have to offer.

This suppose to be a helpful forum, for people who have real issues, but i see there are a lot of people who dont have much else to do but to wait until they can give out some side kick answer,i guess they are wanna be's or bored or never stop to think we are real people here too who have severe problems seeking advice here first so we might know in what direction to take our complaints in the real world.

There are more forums out there on the net so go search like i did. I have noticed on here however that they can kick ya in the side and then turn around and help you out?? hummm.. funny. Just like I am from Ky. and some have made degrading remarks about that, oh well, at least I can survive on the land and some of you cant. And dang gone I am edumacated too yeeww haww. Not sure if I want to stay on this forum and if you cut me off I really dont care. My sincere advice since I been on here is to seek a live attorney there you will be treated with respect and get your true answer wahtever it may be.

Gibbler

Although I dont have your same problem or am I from the same state, I understand your absolute frustration with the union problems and benefits. I fought with the union for 4 years to get part of what they owed me(as beneficiary /alternate payee to my ex's benefits). I'm still fighting for the rest. The union is the absolute worst when it comes to you getting what you should.
That being said all I could suggest is that you contact the Department of Labor. They are suppose to oversee this type of thing. Although I got "mixed" help from them, they were good at least about my medical benefits and getting some of that straightned out. Also the Dept. of Labor has booklets about what legally they have to provide you with and at least it may be of some help or a starting place.

LSCAP

Try this ERISA regarding the pension

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/erisa.htm

some unions are garbage and some are great.

Unfortunately It is a forbidden subject in school. If more people learned about unions these problems wouldn't happen.

The union presidents hide the fact the union is supposed to be - a union of people coming together etc. and hiring the reps and pres. they are not God.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">