• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saysaylote

What is the name of your state? I live in Sacramento, CA
and my 15 year old son was arrested at my resident without a warrant and was accused of a robbery crime that supposedly accrued 5 months prior to the arrest.

Just Blue

and my 15 year old son was arrested at my resident without a warrant and was accused of a robbery crime that supposedly accrued 5 months prior to the arrest.
There is nothing unlawful about the arrest.

quincy

You should hire for your son a criminal defense attorney.

There can be a delay in the time between the commission of a crime and an arrest. It often takes time to gather evidence and identify suspects.

Your son should not speak to the police without his attorney present.

You and your son should watch the following video:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OP you need to shut your mouth and say nothing and hopefully your son is smart enough not to say A DAMN WORD to you or you become a witness against him. Don't talk to him about this, don't question him, don't sit on his meetings with an attorney (or attorney client privilege is out the window) and quit posting about it.

quincy

It is important to remember that the prosecutor (the State) must prove in any criminal case they pursue against your son that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

You and your son do not want to make the prosecutor's job easier for him by saying anything that can help support the prosecutor's case.

Again, both you and your son should watch the video and your son should get an attorney. Your son should speak only to his attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">