• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawfully towed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katie

I was towed earlier today...from the parking lot of my apartment complex by the Ann Arbor police here in Michigan, for unpaid parking tickets. Supposedly they give you 6 before they can do anything but I only have 4. Part of the city code states that they can do what they want depending on what the Michigan vehicle code sees fit. What does this mean and why are they so vague? I am just wondering if I have any legal standing for taking them to court and making them pay for the $300 I shelled out to get my car back...If anyone has any information or has had a similar experience please contact me.

S

slacker

Pay your parking tickets next time.. on time.

Seriously though.. I have found it pretty much useless to fight the police on any standing. You have 4 unpaid tickets. You are still delinquent. Pay the 300, clear your slate, and get on with life.

R

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">