• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unnecessary surgery and nerve damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gemini6270

What is the name of your state?ct
I had a surgery to remove a bladder sling. Soon after I started having groin pain and numbness in my lower leg. I had my post op at 3 weeks because I knew something was wrong. When I told my surgeon what I was feeling he immediately seemed irritated and said I will address your incontinence but not the rest. It has nothing to do with me. I said who will help me there is something wrong with me. He said go see your primary care doctor. Needless to say I left in tears. I did see my primary care doctor who was irritated with my surgeon. After seeing several doctors. Very long story short. Months later I end up seeing a neurologist who said I believe your neuropathy is from your surgery. My surgeon said he could only get some of my sling so my neurologist said you need to go back to the surgeon as it is possible the rest of your sling could be causing your neuropathy to not go away. He said due to the amount of time that has past your neuropathy is probably going to be permanent.
My surgeon says ok we need to take the rest of the sling out. I have a second surgery and he says I couldn’t find the sling. I must have gotten it all out with the first surgery. What? Now my neuropathy has gotten worse and my toes on my let side a burning. So was this an unnecessary surgery with a painful recovery for nothing? Is this malpractice?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">