• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid light rail Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ksweet0412

What is the name of your state?California. My issues have to do with several tickets that have gone into collections. The tickets range from fare evasion , and a few other minor traffic citations. I’ve paid off about 1500$ worth of them. Then the hot me with 8000$ more. I finally got the traffic court to give me copies of the tickets. My next step is to go to the sheriffs office and try to get them to write me out a court date for some of these tickets. Do you have any advice to help me get out of all this debt?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What is the name of your state?California. My issues have to do with several tickets that have gone into collections. The tickets range from fare evasion , and a few other minor traffic citations. I’ve paid off about 1500$ worth of them. Then the hot me with 8000$ more. I finally got the traffic court to give me copies of the tickets. My next step is to go to the sheriffs office and try to get them to write me out a court date for some of these tickets. Do you have any advice to help me get out of all this debt?
Once your tickets have gone to collections, you're kind of toast. It is too late to go to court to try and get out of the tickets. You had a limited time to do that, and you did not do that.

The only way to get out of debt at this point is to pay off the debt.

In the future address the issue of tickets ASAP. Ignoring them until the debt goes to collections is far more costly than just facing the music and paying it.

Ksweet0412

Thanks you were no help at all. I was told by the clerks off that I can take the tickets to the sheriffs office, and ask them file a motion to consolidate these cases .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks you were no help at all.
You're welcome. We're always glad to be of service.
I was told by the clerks off that I can take the tickets to the sheriffs office, and ask them file a motion to consolidate these cases .
Oh, in that case, why are you here and not at the Sheriff's office?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
....try to get them to write me out a court date for some of these tickets...

You already had your court dates and apprently blew them all off. That's why you owe so much money. Maybe next time you won't stick your head in the sand when you get any type of ticket or summons. Ignoring them is not the way to handle them - as you have painfully found out.

Thanks you were no help at all. I was told by the clerks off that I can take the tickets to the sheriffs office, and ask them file a motion to consolidate these cases .
Unless someone can correct me, I was under the impression that a court clerk was prohibited from offering legal advice such as this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You are certainly free to discuss this with an attorney. Who will expect to be paid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Unless someone can correct me, I was under the impression that a court clerk was prohibited from offering legal advice such as this.
I don't believe that would be considered legal advice. It's more a procedural matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">