• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid STD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gnrsimms

What is the name of your state? TN, work in GA

I was placed on STD in 07/04. The Ins. Co my Co. uses is Broadspire. The company has refused to pay the STD. The reason given was that the Dr. did not properly note the chart. I have appealed twice and lost. This Ins. Co. has denied benefits for several of my co-workers as well as my wife, we work for the same Co. Is there any other recourse to collect the 7 weeks pay that is owed to me.

I have fractured vertabret and herniated discs that flare up occasionally causing extreme pain. The Dr. placed me on narcotics and put me on complete rest.

Please help.

Beth3

If you you have followed and exhausted the internal appeals process with the insurance carrier, then your next step is to contact your State's Office of the Insurance Commissioner and file a complaint if you believe benefit have been unlawfully or inappropriately denied.

mlane58

From what I can read from your post, it is not the STD provider that you should be upset with, you should be getting with your provider and hounding them about getting the right information to the STD folks. They have to be able to make a viable determination based on all the information your provider gives them regarding your condition. If your provider doesn't provide to them, then they have no choice but to deny it. Call your provider and find out what they did and did not provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">