• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unregistered vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigm11751

What is the name of your state?florida
I have a tenant who refuses to remove unregistered vehicles from my property so what can I legally do to remedy this situation

FlyingRon

Decline to renew their lease. Absent a clause in your existing lease that bars such, you probably don't have the grounds to do otherwise. It's probably illegal to have inoperable/unregistered vehicles in sight by local ordinances (this varies by city/county), but reporting it likely will just get yourself in trouble if you report to code enforcement.

adjusterjack

What is the name of your state?florida
I have a tenant who refuses to remove unregistered vehicles from my property so what can I legally do to remedy this situation
Look up your local ordinances to see if that's prohibited.

If it is, you might not have to wait until the lease expires.

Florida's landlord tenant statute 83.52 (among other things) requires that a tenant "Comply with all obligations imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building, housing, and health codes."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0083/Sections/0083.52.html

83.56(2)(b) provides a remedy. You give him 7 days notice to comply using the format indicated. If he doesn't comply you terminate his tenancy and evict through the court if he doesn't leave:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0083/Sections/0083.56.html

Make sure you cite the statutes in your notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">