• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsafe Lane Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kengl010

Virginia

Virginia Beach City

I was driving on the interstate and a motorcycle officer was driving in my blind spot. I looked, signaled and changed lanes.
He then asked if I "even f*****g looked" and pulled me over.
He gave me a ticket for an unsafe lane change, even though he was driving in my blind spot, I checked, signaled, and was not speeding.
After a few more unprofessional expletives, and upon completion of the ticket, he asked my weight and eye color to write on the ticket. As he was handing me the ticket, he awkwardly called me a "pretty lady." Then, to pull back onto the interstate, he pulled out from behind me and cut someone off.
Yet, I'm the unsafe one?
I have no charges on my record or previous offences.
I also refuse to pay this ticket and admit guilt or retain a guilty charge on my record.
I intend to get a lawyer to fight this charge, even though my court date is on the first day of classes of my next semester of college.
Is this wise?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Virginia

Virginia Beach City

I was driving on the interstate and a motorcycle officer was driving in my blind spot. I looked, signaled and changed lanes.
He then asked if I "even f*****g looked" and pulled me over.
He gave me a ticket for an unsafe lane change, even though he was driving in my blind spot, I checked, signaled, and was not speeding.
I also refuse to pay this ticket and admit guilt or retain a guilty charge on my record.
I intend to get a lawyer to fight this charge, even though my court date is on the first day of classes of my next semester of college.
Is this wise?
Per your post, you are guilty of the charge. What could your defense possibly be?

Is this wise?
What is "wise" is to actually look. I recently heard a similar case in Arlington, only the officer was in a patrol car. When the officer recounted what had happened, there was an audible collective gasp from the audience, because everyone knew this guy didn't have a snowball's chance. He was found guilty, and yes, he did have a lawyer.

Then your license will be suspended, your credit will be dinged, and collectors will call you. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">