• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsafe Lane Movement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sshaffer

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello, I was cited for "Unsafe Lane Movement" on a state two lane highway. I crossed the center line going into a turn. I thought that this was referred to as "left of center"? Keep in mind that I wasn't changing lanes on the interstate, I just crossed the center line.

Was this the right charge? I was thinking I might have a chance at fighting it if this was an incorrect charge.

I think the officer only gave me the ticket because she had to wait on me at a stop light a few miles back(Late at night). A friend pulled up beside me while it was red and said something to me. While doing this the light turned green. (for no more than 5 sec.) While this was happening the officer that gave me the ticket pulled up behind me without me noticing. Then she followed me very closely until she gave me the above ticket. Thanks for any help or incitel :) .

sshaffer

Pretty sure that wasn't it. :D :rolleyes: Got any idea if I'm on the right track on how to fight this?

Last edited:

Crazed98

Well if it was 2 lanes then the 2 lanes went into a 2 lane turn and you crossed the center line dividing the 2 lanes then yes you were guilty.

There is not much to fight just plead guilty or innocent and tell the attorney at the court your side of the story and maybe they will reduce the fine.

LSCAP

Were you going from a two way street into a two way street?

IF so. You are supposed to approach the intersection from the right of the middle of the road.

At the intersection imagine a traffic officer it the center of the intersection.

As you turn left into the other two way street, you keep the traffic person on your right. And you end up to the right of the center of the next street.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">