• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unsafe turn ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amanda ly

I recently just got a ticket for an "unsafe turn" and when I was pulled over I didn't have my license and my registration sticker wasn't on my car. I have both, but I lost the sticker and forgot my license and the officer pulled me over because I was about the change lanes, but I swerved slightly back into my lane when I saw an oncoming car. He called it an unsafe lane change and gave me a ticket. If I go to court and try to enter a not guilty plea will the officer be able to mention that I didn't have my license or registration sticker on my car at the time. Also, when I tried making the turn I didn't break the white line yet and I hadn't made the lane change nor did the oncoming car have to halt to a stop or swerve away from me, so what are the chances of me winning the not guilty plea. I had already gotten a speeding ticket a year ago and so I can't have another point on my license nor do I have the money to pay.

Just Blue

I recently just got a ticket for an "unsafe turn" and when I was pulled over I didn't have my license and my registration sticker wasn't on my car. I have both, but I lost the sticker and forgot my license and the officer pulled me over because I was about the change lanes, but I swerved slightly back into my lane when I saw an oncoming car. He called it an unsafe lane change and gave me a ticket. If I go to court and try to enter a not guilty plea will the officer be able to mention that I didn't have my license or registration sticker on my car at the time. Also, when I tried making the turn I didn't break the white line yet and I hadn't made the lane change nor did the oncoming car have to halt to a stop or swerve away from me, so what are the chances of me winning the not guilty plea. I had already gotten a speeding ticket a year ago and so I can't have another point on my license nor do I have the money to pay.
What state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Were you cited for either the license or registration? If not, and if they were valid at the time, then don't worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">